From Sketchbook to CanvasOil or acrylic
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
31 October–1 November 2020
Students will create a drawing from a photo of their choice, or use drawings done previously in sketchbooks, or do an interior drawing in the studio or through the window, and then use that drawing as reference for a painting.
Students will plan a composition and work out colours on the drawing.
This will be used for a painting on canvas.
Samples will be shown and demonstrations given.
Create a painting from a preliminary drawing, focusing on composition and colour.
About the tutor
Val is a Fellow of the Royal Art Society of NSW. She studied Commercial Art at East Sydney Tech, and furthered her studies in life drawing, still life and portraiture at the Macquarie Art School and printmaking at Mitchell College Bathurst. Moving to Canberra in 1995, she attended Open Art Courses at the National Art School. Val has tutored at the inaugural ASOC SAE in Canberra and at the USQ arts retreat, Toowoomba, QLD. She has given a number of demonstrations and workshops in the ACT and interstate. She exhibits widely, and has won many awards for her work. Throughout her career Val has had a number of joint and solo exhibitions in ACT, NSW & QLD. Val loves to travel, and many of her solo exhibitions are based on those travels. Val is presently involved in taking artists on art tours in the outback.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- 2B pencil
- willow charcoal medium stick
- watercolour or inktense pencils- (to plan the colours on your sketch)
- A3 sketchbook
- your usual painting equipment
- oils or acrylics
- brushes ( at least one large brush 8-10 for blocking in big areas)
- mediums, odourless turps
- rags, containers etc
- stretched canvas: rectangular at least 46×60 cm, or square 50×50 cm or 60x60cm
- a selection of photos- any subject matter, or bring a sketchbook that you have done some drawings in that you could use for a painting, or you can do an interior of the studio, or a scene through the window.
NEVER PURCHASED ONLINE BEFORE?
It is far easier and quicker to pay for a product or service on a website with a credit card.
CAW has set up a simple form below to allow you to book your workshop and pay immediately. You will receive an email confirming your booking and payment.
- Go to the form and select 'Credit card' in the 'Payment method' and a payment area will appear for you to add your name” then complete your credit/debit card information and click 'Submit'.
Our 'count-down' shows you how many spots are still available for this class. It reduces after every booking.
From Sketchbook to Canvas Workshop (203)
BOOKING FORM This workshop has a limit of 9 students to ensure the quality of instruction. Payment includes model fee & refreshments. BYO lunch.