From Sketchbook to CanvasOil or acrylic
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
31 October–1 November 2020
Students will create a drawing from a photo of their choice, or use drawings done previously in sketchbooks, or do an interior drawing in the studio or through the window, and then use that drawing as reference for a painting.
Students will plan a composition and work out colours on the drawing.
This will be used for a painting on canvas.
Samples will be shown and demonstrations given.
Create a painting from a preliminary drawing, focusing on composition and colour.
About the tutor
Val is a Fellow of the Royal Art Society of NSW. She studied Commercial Art at East Sydney Tech, and furthered her studies in life drawing, still life and portraiture at the Macquarie Art School and printmaking at Mitchell College Bathurst. Moving to Canberra in 1995, she attended Open Art Courses at the National Art School. Val has tutored at the inaugural ASOC SAE in Canberra and at the USQ arts retreat, Toowoomba, QLD. She has given a number of demonstrations and workshops in the ACT and interstate. She exhibits widely, and has won many awards for her work. Throughout her career Val has had a number of joint and solo exhibitions in ACT, NSW & QLD. Val loves to travel, and many of her solo exhibitions are based on those travels. Val is presently involved in taking artists on art tours in the outback.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- Black sketching pen
(eg: Artline etc about a no. 4 )
- 2B pencil
- Willow charcoal medium stick
- Watercolour pencils / inktense watercolour pencils/ or some watercolour paints you already have
- A small watercolour brush
- Sketchbook medium size.
(something you would take on your travels size)
- Oils or acrylic: Your usual painting equipment: paints, brushes, (at least one large oil/ acrylic brush no 8 flat for blocking in big areas), mediums, odourless turps, rags, containers etc
- A Selection of photos from your travels — landscapes, figurative, something you were impressed by. No self-portraits, no views of distant landscapes
- Please make sure the pictures are close up and a subject you really liked. Bring a sketchbook that you have done some drawings in from your travels as well if you have one
- Stretched canvas: 20”x 20” (50x50cm) or 20”x16” (50x40cm)
NEVER PURCHASED ONLINE BEFORE?
It is far easier and quicker to pay for a product or service on a website with a credit card.
CAW has set up a simple form below to allow you to book your workshop and pay immediately. You will receive an email confirming your booking and payment.
- Go to the form and select 'Credit card' in the 'Payment method' and a payment area will appear for you to add your name” then complete your credit/debit card information and click 'Submit'.
Our 'count-down' shows you how many spots are still available for this class. It reduces after every booking.
201031-1101 From Sketchbook to Canvas Workshop (203)
BOOKING FORM This workshop has a limit of 9 students to ensure the quality of instruction. Payment includes model fee & refreshments. BYO lunch.