Inside Out AbstractionOils, acrylic, charcoal, inks
Places are limited to 12 students for all workshops.
21 & 22 March 2020
Day 1: En Plein Air
En plein air is the method used to describe sketching and/or painting outside.
AM: The day will begin with a plein-air demonstration (weather permitting). This will show you how I commence my own abstract artworks from the visual concept. From this you will have the basis to commence your own artwork en-plein-air.
PM: The afternoon will involve returning inside to the studio for the next stage of the workshop. Here I will demonstrate how to take your plein-air sketch and translate that on to a canvas to form the basis of an abstract painting.
After the demonstration you will have the opportunity to create your own artwork from the morning’s session.
Day 2: In the Studio
The day will be spent in the studio for you to work on the painting/paintings that you started the previous day.
I will provide each of you one-on-one assistance when you require it. This will give you the opportunity to ask questions and experiment with what you have learnt.
Towards the end of the day we will have a ‘critique’ session which is a constructive way to give and receive feedback.
About the tutor
Colour has always fascinated me. It is the first thing I see and then comes shape and form. As an abstract artist I use colour to interpret the way I see the world.”
Jan Cristaudo lives on the Pittwater Peninsular among Sydney’s northern beaches. This idyllic location provides endless inspiration for her paintings that rely on the use of colour as a means of expression. Jan has always been fascinated by colour and has developed a distinctive abstract style using oils on canvas to interpret subjects that inspire her.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- paints – acrylic or oil (odourless solvents only if using oils, please)
- water containers
- brushes – a mix of large small and medium
- 1-2 canvases (any size to suit you) of good quality, alaready primed with gesso; primed board can be also used
- sketch pad
- couple of large sheets of paper for en-plain-air (not expensive paper)
- pencils, charcoal of your choice
- anything else that you enjoy working with or would like to try
- an image or photo that you connect with so it can also be used to abstract from.
NEVER PURCHASED ONLINE BEFORE?
It is far easier and quicker to pay for a product or service on a website with a credit card.
CAW has set up a simple form below to allow you to book your workshop and pay immediately. You will receive an email confirming your booking and payment.
- Go to the form and select 'Credit card' in the 'Payment method' and a payment area will appear for you to add your name” then complete your credit/debit card information and click 'Submit'.
Our 'count-down' shows you how many spots are still available for this class. It reduces after every booking.