WORKSHOP: EXPRESSIVE LANDSCAPE PAINTING with Stavros Papantoniouoil / acrylic / watercolour
Two day practical workshop creating landscapes in any media.
Places are limited to 12 students for all workshops.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
17–18 July 2021
Stavros will give a brief demonstration and discuss the various aspects that go to create an expressive landscape painting.
Utilising these concepts, and working from their chosen image, participants will explore composition, design, tone, and technique and produce a completed landscape during the weekend.
This will be a practical ‘hands-on’ workshop and Stavros will offer guidance, and assist participants in the development of their work.
About the tutor
Stavros Papantoniou has been a practising and exhibiting artist for more than 40 years. His work is represented in the Julian Ashton Art School Collection, Sydney as well as private collections in Sweden, the United Kingdom and Australia.
He studied at the Julian Ashton Art School, Sydney, followed by Post Graduate Professional Art Studies at the City Art Institute, Sydney. He then completed Master of Fine Arts Degree, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney.
AREAS OF PARTICULAR EXPERTISE
- DRAWING: Expert draughtsman having undertaken extensive study in figurative drawing, anatomy, and perspective.
- PAINTING: Skilled in the use of oils, acrylics, watercolour, egg-tempera and wax encaustic.
- Lecturer in Methods, Media and Materials in Painting, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney
- Teaching Composition related to Figurative Art, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney
- Conducting Life Drawing Summer Schools, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney
- Conducted annual painting tours to the Greek Islands for 10 years
- Currently teaching Advanced Oil, Acrylic and Watercolour Painting Techniques, Waverley Woollahra Arts School, Sydney
- Currently conducting open workshop classes in all media at Gallery on Track, Goulburn
Cancellation / Refund Policy
PAINTS: Titanium white
Yellow oxide / yellow ochre
Stretched canvas or board or paper (landscape format) as appropriate for medium
Brushes (bristle or nylon): various sizes in flats and rounds
Flat palette knife
Wooden palette or disposable paper palette
2B and 4B pencils
Blade for sharpening
Transparent plastic ruler
Easel: table or tripod as preferred.
HOW THE FORM WORKS
It is far easier and quicker to pay for a product or service on a website with a credit card / Debit card.
CAW has set up a simple form below to allow you to book your Workshop, Art Group or Tutored Class and pay immediately. You will receive an email confirming your booking and payment.
- Go to the form and select the appropriate Fee.
- The Total should reflect your selection
- Complete your card details and then click SUBMIT.
If applicable on the form you selected, our 'count-down' shows you how many spots are still available for this class. It reduces after every booking and when '0' no more bookings can be made. However, the SUBMIT button still works. So please DO NOT click submit when you see '0' spots left.
For further information please email: email@example.com
WORKSHOP: 210717–18 EXPRESSIVE LANDSCAPE PAINTING with Stavros Papantoniou (203)
Saturday & Sunday 17–18 July 2021.
This workshop has a limit of 12 students to ensure the quality of instruction. Payment includes model fee & refreshments. BYO lunch.